Just Drift Rival Competition Series 2018 is a 3 round competition series. It was created to fill what we feel is a current void in the grassroot community. It is a series made for those of us who want to compete at the grassroots level without having to build a competition car to be able to do so at the current ProAm level.
This is a separate series from TOPDRIFT ProAm and has no affiliation to Formula D Pro2 licensing.
Rival Competition Series rules are as follows:
● All engine swaps under 3500cc (3.5 liters) are allowed.
**The only exception will be if the car came equipped with an engine with a displacement larger than 3500cc from the factory (i.e. Mustang, corvette, 370z, etc.)**
● Modification of engine is allowed (Turbo Charger, Super Chargers, Internal modifications, including stroker kits, variable valve timing etc.)
● Use of nitrous oxide system is prohibited.
● Firewall modification is prohibited. Slight clearance modifications for engine/transmission fitment must be approved by tech.
● Transmission swaps are open.
● Tires must not exceed 235 in width in all 4 corners.
● Front tire treadwear is open.
● Rear tire treadwear must be 300 and higher.
● No fuel cell allowed.
● Surge tanks are allowed and must be enclosed and sealed completely from the cabin.
Roll cage minimum requirements:
● 4-point bolt-in roll cage with door bars.
*Door bars can be bolt in with a sleeve or tube connector type joints. Cusco style tabs and bolts will not pass tech for door bars.
*Although bolt in cage will pass tech a 6-point fully welded roll cage with door bars welded in is highly recommended.
* Special rounds might not require a cage and will be announced prior to the event.
* All convertibles MUST have a cage welded to the car with welded door bars. No bolt in cage allowed. No exceptions for convertibles regardless of special rounds mentioned above
● Roll cage material should be SAE 1020 or 1025 Mild steel tubing or DOM, 1.5”x0.95” or comparable.
*Roll cage is not required for qualifying but competitor cannot proceed to top 16 tandem rounds (not including convertibles).
● SFI or FIA rated door bar padding required in exposed impact areas (door bars, A to B pillar bars and all bars around the driver head).
● Fire extinguisher required. Must be mounted inside the cabin, positioned within driver’s reach.
● Windshields must be glass with no cracks larger than a quarter.
●OEM dash must be present.
●OEM or aftermarket door panels must be present and secured properly via fasteners.
*Cutting of either parts to fit around the cage is allowed.
● All wheels AND tires must fit under fenders. Minor protrusion of the tire from stretching is allowed
● Vehicle must be 1 color.
*Livery/designs/decals are allowed.
●Vehicle must have all body panels present and secured on the car at the time of tech.
● OEM style headlights and tail lights must be used.
● Aftermarket bash bar are OK (must fit bumper properly and covered entirely by the bumper).
● Functional tow hooks required in front and rear. Factory tow points OK
● Seat belt / harness
*OEM seat belts allowed with factory seat.
*4-point harness is required for any aftermarket seat.
For any further question regarding rules and regulations for Rival Series please contact Jason Kim – RivalCompetitionSeries@gmail.com